Armed with a Master’s Degree in Information Systems and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, I started my career in the technology industry in 2010.
I have been lucky to have had the opportunity to work on some really amazing products and innovative brands. Having a knowledgable cofounder and supportive advisors gave me the courage to start and grow a business in an industry I knew almost nothing about (coffee).
It has been equally fascinating to experience first-hand three distinct technology scenes in the US – the Mid-West (Cincinnati and Chicago); the Pacific Northwest (Seattle and Portland); the Bay Area; and now, New York City.
This is a little bit about my professional journey.
I wanted to continue learning about building an omnichannel business at scale, and also explore how technology can bring together offline and online. Casper offers me the perfect environment for this.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Retail and digital experience team, I am focusing on two major initiatives -
- Building a custom yet intuitive Point-of-Sale (POS) — one which is a powerful sales tool for Retail, but which also can be extended to be a true omnichannel sales tool for the company
- Implementing a best-in-class operational support experience and building related internal tools to better manage the rapidly growing Retail channel of a digitally-native business.
Peet's Coffee & Tea
As the Product Manager, I am ultimately responsible for the product performance, and the solving for the users.
My focus was on how the e-commerce business (the website), the loyalty program (mobile apps), and the underlying services architecture work together seamlessly.
- Peetnik Rewards mobile apps (iOS and Android): The new apps make it easy for customers to check-in, pay using the mobile wallet, earn and redeem rewards. With 500k+ monthly active users, the apps at the center of the Peet's loyalty program and helping deliver a great retail experience.
- Mobile Order Ahead pilot
Offering convenience, and the next step in creating a memorable retail experience. I coordinated the deployment across 25 stores, 4 vendors, and managed 3 complex API integrations between the app and the point-of-sale
The objective was to deliver a cohesive experience across all devices, with a focus on site performance. Since launch, cart abandonment has declined dramatically. Number of subscriptions keeps growing steadily month-over-month, and so does the number of transactions on mobile.
Re-architecture of the Identity and Profile Management platform that supports both the website and mobile apps.
As a two-sided marketplace for green coffee, Beander connected coffee importers with small coffee roasters in the US.
The purpose was two-fold: to make it easy for small roasters to source and buy coffee varietals
in desired quantities; and,
to be a platform for importers to list their spot green coffee offerings, so their coffees are accessible to a wider roaster audience.
Over 2 years, I learnt a lot – how to validate product-market-fit, how important customer oboarding is, the value of SEM, and most importantly, how to operate and scale a business to profitability.
POSSIBLE is a global advertising agency under the WPP umbrella. From working on some of the world's largest CPG brands to redesigning the website for Microsoft's best-selling gaming device – it was a fun ride.
I learnt and honed my product skills here, and all that is involved in working successfully with cross-functional teams.
- Xbox.com redesign | internationalization and component library design
- Microsoft Hololens launch website, and Developer SDK sign-up
- BECU.org , financial services redesign & personalization | Sitecore
- Dreft Amazing Baby Days, P&G's first even iOS app
- Pringles' Facebook page | the first P&G brand page to get 10 million followers